Key features of snom UC Edition phones in a Microsoft Lync environment:
- snom UC Edition phones can function with or without a PC
- Concurrently register up to twelve Microsoft Lync and/or SIP accounts on a single phone (up to four on snom 300)
- Auto failover to an alternative Microsoft Lync or SIP / PBX account
- WLAN connectivity with optional WiFi stick (snom 821)
- Integrated open VPN for security (snom 821)
- Display of Buddy List and Presence status for 'one-touch' dialling
- Adjust Presence status directly on the snom UC Edition phone
- Two Gig-E ports for network and PC (2 x 10/100 on snom300)
- Full duplex speaker phone on all snom UC Edition phones
- Fixed transfer and hold keys to improve call handling
- Advanced directory lookup via phone keypad to improve productivity
- snom UC Edition phones are wall mountable
The snom UC Edition firmware has been fully tested to provide the highest level of interoperability and reliability with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 and Lync 2010. This ensures users of snom UC phones benefit from enhanced feature integration with Microsoft Lync; delivering greater productivity levels and improved user experience. Deploying snom phones in a Microsoft Lync environment not only increases user productivity but also provides a future-proof investment with rich feature integration.
The snom UC Edition phones allow integration of Microsoft Lync 2010 features into an existing IP telephony infrastructure. snom phones are also compatible with all leading SIP based IP-PBX CPE-systems and network infrastructures (e.g. Avaya, Microsoft, Cisco, Siemens, etc.) as well as with less known IP-switch manufacturers.
For businesses with distributed branch offices, snom phones provide failover to Microsoft certified gateways in the event of WAN connection disruption and infrastructure failure. This ensures business continuity and productivity which help drive competitive advantage.
- Unique: snom is currently the only IP phone manufacturer worldwide that is offering "Qualified for Microsoft® Lync™" phones after completing extensive and rigorous Microsoft interoperability testing
- Flexible: snom phones have a higher level of flexibility, bringing additional features to Lync and can also work in non-Lync environments. "Optimised for Lync" devices will only work in a Lync environment because they all use the same Microsoft® Lync™ phones 2010 phone edition software
- Protect your investment: Phones are the most expensive part of a unified communications solution and only snom "Qualified for Lync" devices can operate with other UC solutions and SIP-based telephone systems
- Future-proof: "snom UC edition" qualified devices can be migrated from and to a Lync environment or can work together in dual Lync/PBX environment (dual stack)
- Customisable: snom 821 can receive video streams from entry phones, surveillance cameras, etc. / keys show presence and can be configured as dedicated feature buttons / User interface screen can be customized to display logos, images, ticker and more…